As you read in my last post, I’m leaving the great state of California for the great state of Oregon or Washington. I don’t yet have a house picked out, but I will soon. Moving is stressful, so I’m relying on humor to get me through all of this – specifically wine humor. A year or so ago, I wrote a blog entitled “Exploring Various Forms of Wine Humor.” Today, I’ll add to that post. I will be incredibly grateful (grapeful) if you would share your wine humor back with me.
Forms of Wine Humor
Wine humor comes in all kinds of varieties: jokes, quotes, puns and memes. The memes are endless – and I think very funny. So we’ll spend the most time on those. Thank you to Vincarta, TheWineCellarGroup and Reader’s Digest for their WINEderful help with this article.
- What did the grape say when the elephant stood on it? Nothing, it just let out a little wine.
- I’ve trained my dog to bring me a glass of red wine. It’s a Bordeaux collie.
- I’m a wine enthusiast. The more wine I drink, the more enthusiastic I get.
- What do you call a wine hangover? The grape depression.
- What do you call a grape that is an anti-diuretic? Pinot More.
- “Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right.”
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it.”
- “Wine is bottled poetry.”
- Robert Louis Stevenson
- “A bottle of wine contains more philosophy than all the books in the world.”
- Louis Pasteur
- On cloud wine!
- Grape minds think alike.
- You’re wine in a million.
- Happy hour? Wine not?
When it comes to wine humor, I think memes have it. I found hundreds of them. Here are some of my favorites.
I hope you enjoyed this wine humor. I know there’s a lot more out there. So, I would love it if you would share some of your favorites. Thanks.