You probably know some people in the party-plan world. Perhaps your Mary Kay representative. Maybe your Pampered Chef person. Did you know that wine has been a party-plan business now for 15 years? That’s right. WineShop At Home started its party-plan business in 2004. In this article, we’re going to explore why wine is a party-plan business like no other.
The History of Party Planning
Believe it or not, party-plan businesses have been around since the 1930s. I was shocked to find out that the first company to do party planning was Stanley Home Products (Fuller Brush). I remember my mom buying Fuller Brush products in the 1960s. I had no idea what the business model was.
Why Is Party Planning So Hot?
While it takes discipline, effort, perseverance, and dedication, the party-plan business can be a really fun way to earn money. You get to be your own boss, set your own hours, and work in a fun, casual environment. Here are some of the other benefits of party planning:
- You can sell to multiple people at the same time.
- The overhead costs are very low.
- Recruiting people to join your team is a lot of fun and can be very lucrative.
- Developing close relationships with fun, outgoing people, including fellow consultants, hosts, guests and team members is another great benefit of party planning.
- You get to throw parties. If you’re an outgoing person, it’s hard to complain about that.
My History with a Party-plan Business
Nearly fifteen years ago, I found out about WineShop At Home and fell in love with the concept. I knew I wanted to work in the wine world and be my own boss. But I was nervous about the direct-sales model. Somebody in college was really aggressive, and that was a big turnoff to me. After a lot of soul searching, I signed up, and I have to say that I’ve never looked back. This business is a passion for me. I just love it.
Two Reasons that Wine Isn’t Your Normal Party-plan Business
- Wine Appeals to Men and Women: Very few other party-plan companies appeal equally to men and women. Okay, I have to be honest and tell you that in my 14 years of being a wine consultant, I’ve done tastings for groups of women or for groups of women and men. Only once did I do a tasting for all men.
- Wine Is Fun to Study: Whether you know a little or a lot about wine, there’s always more to learn. And because wine tasting is involved, the learning is always fun. This is a key reason that I have so many repeat wine tasting hosts. When I think of other direct sales companies, I have a hard time thinking of a product that is quite as much fun to learn about.
Getting Started as a Wine Consultant
If I’ve said anything that intrigued you, let’s talk! I would be thrilled to have you on my team as a new wine consultant. Please check out my web page and call or text me at 650-714-7009. And please feel free to share this information with your friends and family members.
As an independent wine consultant with WineShop At Home, I absolutely enjoy bringing a taste of the Napa wine country home to you one sip at a time. Whether you simply love to drink wine, seek a special personalized wine gift, or are in search of a new wine jobs opportunity as a wine consultant, feel free to contact me for a truly unique wine tasting experience!
WineShop At Home