Are you ready for some fun this year? I’d love for you to explore becoming a wine consultant. One of the many benefits of being a wine consultant is you get to set your own schedule. How great is that?
My Life as a Wine Consultant
Thirteen years ago, I became an independent wine consultant with WineShop At Home. I have a day job too, but my wine business is my passion. It is incredibly fun and rewarding to be an entrepreneur in the wine world. I love being my own boss, setting my own schedule, and being completely responsible for my successes and failures. I also love working with a product that brings joy to people.
Your Life as a Wine Consultant
As a wine consultant, you do two things:
- You lead wine tastings in people’s homes, giving guests the chance to try fantastic wines before they buy them – in a fun, unintimidating environment.
- Also, if you choose to, you lead a team of wine consultants who run their own businesses and get support from you.
Both pieces of the business are incredibly rewarding, but both require you to be very entrepreneurial. Why? Well, sadly, people don’t line up at your door asking for tastings or asking to join your team. To build a successful business, you need to let the world know about it. If you love connecting with people, this will be fun for you.
Why Is It So Much Fun to Be a Wine Consultant?
- Set Your Own Schedule. As I mentioned earlier, this is one of the key benefits of being a wine consultant. I tell my team members they should try to work on their business every day of the week. But it could be 10 minutes today and 3 hours tomorrow. It’s up to you.
- Own Your Successes and Failures. There are many WineShop At Home wine consultants who make serious six-figure salaries. It’s up to you how hard you want to work the business.
- Work with a Product You Love. For wine lovers, WineShop At Home is a great company to be affiliated with!
What Can This Opportunity Provide?
- If you lead one to two tastings each month, you will earn between $50 and $200. You are likely to spend 10 hours doing this: recruiting hosts, coaching hosts, leading the tastings and doing the follow-up computer work.
- If you lead three to four tastings each month, you will earn between $200 and $500 and spend probably 20 hours to accomplish everything.
- If you lead five to six tastings each month and build a team of three wine consultants, you will earn between $500 and $1500 and spend probably 30 hours on your business.
You can see that the more you do with your business, the more money you make per hour.
What Will Make You a Success?
- You enjoy wine. No expertise required.
- You enjoy people. This business, like other home-based businesses, is all about relationship building. If you like people, this is a good fit. If you don’t, it’s not.
- You don’t give up easily. Growing a successful business takes time, commitment and consistency. The most successful people in this business are the people who stick to it.
Ready to Learn More?
If becoming a wine consultant sounds appealing to you, let’s talk! The cost of getting started is just $149 or $299. Call me at 650-714-7009 or email me at email@example.com. If you know someone else who might be interested, please share this information with them and have them contact me. Cheers!
As an independent wine consultant with WineShop At Home, I absolutely enjoy bringing a taste of the Napa wine country home to you one sip at a time. Whether you simply love to drink wine, seek a special personalized wine gift, or are in search of a new wine jobs opportunity as a wine consultant, feel free to contact me for a truly unique wine tasting experience!
WineShop At Home
What a fabulous idea, Betty!