Ten years ago, I became an independent wine consultant with WineShop At Home. I have to say that these past 10 years have been incredibly fun. It’s pretty amazing to get to work with a product that brings joy to people. It’s also great to be my own boss, set my own schedule, and be completely responsible for my successes and failures.
What Do I Do as a WineShop At Home Wine Consultant?
As a wine consultant, I do two primary things:
- I lead wine tastings in people’s homes. I give my tasting guests the chance to try fantastic wines before they buy them – in a fun, unintimidating environment. I like to say that I “edutain” the guests.
- I lead a team of wine consultants. This is one of the most rewarding parts of the business. Each of my team members runs her or his own wine business. They get a lot of support from me, my colleagues and WineShop At Home. I earn commissions on my personal sales, as well as on the sales of my team members.
Could This Be a Good Opportunity for You?
I am always looking for people to join my team. Specifically, I’m looking for people who are excited about:
- Earning $100, $500 or even $5,000 a month leading fun, educational in-home wine tastings
- Working with a successful sales team and creating your own team
- Enjoying the wine country lifestyle
- Enjoying sampling new wines
- Pursuing an entrepreneurial opportunity backed by an established company
If this sounds like you or somebody you know, let’s talk!
What Makes a Great Wine Consultant?
People often ask me the characteristics of a great wine consultant. Successful wine consultants come in all shapes and sizes. Here are a few keys to success:
- You enjoy wine – You don’t have to be an expert, just an enthusiast.
- You enjoy people – Home-based businesses are all about relationship building. So enjoying people is key to enjoying the business and being successful.
- You have strong stick-to-it skills – Growing a successful business takes time, commitment and consistency. The most successful people in this business are the people who stick to it.
To learn more about being a wine consultant, please visit my Wine Business page, call me at 650-714-7009 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know others who might want to learn more about what I do, please share this information with them and have them contact me.
As an independent wine consultant with WineShop At Home, I absolutely enjoy bringing a taste of the Napa wine country home to you one sip at a time. Whether you simply love to drink wine, would like to host a tasting, seek a special gift, or are in search of a new wine jobs opportunity as a wine consultant, feel free to contact me for a truly unique wine tasting experience!
Betty Kaufman, WineShop At Home
What a great job taste and share the love of the grape and take away the stuffy arrogance and replace it with fun and joy! GO Betty
Thanks Alan. I really feel lucky to be doing what I do.
I have said this on more then one occasion… if I would have known about this opportunity about 8 years ago when I started my business… I would have LOVED to have sold wine for you and Wine Shop at Home.
I have been to like 5 or 6 of your parties and well, you ROCK, you totally take the STUFFINESS out of wine tasting as Alan said above. And, most importantly, your parties are so much fun. A great night in for a couple and their friends. Or a great girls night in. They are so much fun and EVERYONE loves wine.
Happy New Year, Betty and wine lovers!
Oh, Chrystal, I would love to sell wine with you. But I’m so thankful that WineShop At Home wasn’t discoverable 8 years ago, because it might have prevented you from creating Bliss Connection. That would have been a huge loss for 1000s of us. Bliss pleasure parties and wine parties — they are tough to beat. Cheers to you!
I’ve had 3 of yours obviously and I can’t think of a better way to gather friends for a night of fun different from just a potluck or card night and being the VIP of your party! It’s fun to bring the winery so to speak right to your living room for your friends and you as the fabulous wine consultant right there.
I am going after Chrystal’s record in 2011 for the number of your wine tasting parties! =)
Thanks, Lee! Okay, the race is on. Who will host or attend more of my wine tastings in 2011? I’d be happy with both of you winning.
Betty you might just have the perfect job/profession; hanging out with great people, having great food, and drinking GREAT wines!! I agree with Chrystal’s comments, if I would have known about Wine Shop at Home and met you before I started my business I know I would have a blast being part of your team and being around so many great wines!! You are the best!!
Thanks, Mark. I would love to play in the wine world with both you and Chrystal. But thank goodness we have Chrystal to help us with our sex lives and you to help us with our healthy cleaning. It’s fun to all get to play in the sandbox together. Don’t you think?
Gourmet may describe a class of restaurant, cuisine, meal or ingredient of high quality, of special presentation, or high sophistication. In the United States, a 1980s gourmet food movement evolved from a long-term division between elitist (or “gourmet”) tastes and a populist aversion to fancy foods.`;
Most interesting blog post on our web page
Thanks for that detail. I appreciate it.