In honor of the holidays, here are some wonderful sparkling treats from WineShop At Home. I hope you enjoy them!
Mrs. Claus’ Chocolate Mousse
2 cups heavy cream (divided into 1 cup portions)
4 egg yolks
1/4 c sugar
2 oz. le Cadeau California Semi-Seco Sparkling Wine
6 oz., bittersweet chocolate, cut into pieces
1. Heat 1 cup of cream on the stove until it starts to bubble. At the same time, melt your chocolate over a double boiler.
2. Beat the egg yolks and sugar together until thick and pale in color, about 3 minutes.
3. Slowly add the heated cream into the egg yolk/sugar mixture. Return the mixture to the stove and stir constantly until it registers 165° (to kill any salmonella) then immediately take off heat.
4. Add in the sparkling wine and melted chocolate.
5. Whip the remaining cup of cream until thick and then fold it into the mixture.
6. Transfer the mixture to a pitcher or measuring cup with a spout, and fill 3/4 of the way up the glass.
7. Chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.
8. Finish with whipped cream, shaved chocolate and candy canes.
Bring on the Bubbly
Pop the cork to the new year! A few delightful additions and simple garnishes will send your sparkling treats over the edge and get everyone in the holiday spirit.
1. In a small saucepan, combine blackberries, sugar and water. Bring to a boil on high heat and then reduce to a simmer and let cook for 12 – 15 minutes. The blackberries will become soft and bright in color and a pinkish purple syrup will form.
2. Take off the heat and drain the blackberries, keeping the syrup in a separate bowl. Set both aside and allow to cool.
3. Once blackberries and simple syrup are cooled, spoon about 4 tablespoons of syrup into the bottom of each flute. Top with sparkling wine.
4. Garnish with fresh blackberries and a sprig of tarragon or rosemary.
1. Fill flute 2/3 full of fresh-squeezed orange juice.
2. Top with sparkling wine. Add a teaspoon of Grand Marnier. Garnish with fresh orange slice.
Or try a Blushing Mimosa: Mix two parts orange juice, one part pineapple juice. Fill the flute 2/3 full of the juice mixture, top with le Cadeau California Rosé Sparkling, and then add two tablespoons of grenadine.
1. Pour pomegranate juice into flute.
2. Top with sparkling wine and add a handful of pomegranate seeds and a sprig of rosemary to garnish.
I hope these sparkling treats brighten up your holiday celebrations. If you have some of your own sparkling treats, please share them with us. Cheers!