Wine More, Whine Less is one of my favorite phrases. As a word lover, I enjoy the phrase because of its creativity. As a wine lover, I enjoy it, because it playfully reminds us to use wine to celebrate the joys of life.
Wine More to Celebrate the Joys of Life
Here is a short list of occasions where wine adds to the celebration:
- Celebrate friendships – Sharing a bottle of wine with friends evokes laughter and fun, and makes the time spent together more memorable.
- Celebrate special occasions – Whether it’s a birthday, an anniversary, a wedding, a graduation or a promotion, wine makes the occasion that much more special. Sparkling wine makes the occasion sparkle!
- Celebrate a lazy weekend afternoon – Nothing says it’s time to relax and treat yourself like royalty better than taking the time on a weekend afternoon to pour yourself a lovely glass of wine and sit outside with a book and some fruit and crackers. This is the perfect opportunity to toast you!
- Celebrate the beauty of nature – Enjoy wine on a beautiful hike, at the beach or in the mountains. Drinking wine and enjoying nature have something in common. Each gives you the opportunity to celebrate your senses of smell, sight, taste and feel. What a delicious experience!
- Celebrate a great dinner – You just prepared a beautiful dinner. The wine will help make the food taste that much better.
- Celebrate a victory – The Sharks just won? It’s time for a toast! The Giants just won? It’s time for another toast!
My list is just a start. I would love for you to add to it. Please share the different ways use wine to celebrate the joys of life. I look forward to getting some great ideas from you.
As an independent wine consultant with WineShop At Home, I absolutely enjoy bringing a taste of the Napa wine country home to you one sip at a time. Whether you simply love to drink wine, seek a special personalized wine gift, or are in search of a new wine jobs opportunity as a wine consultant, feel free to contact me for a truly unique wine tasting experience!
Betty Kaufman, WineShop At Home
There are very few things that I en joy more then sharing a bottle of wine or two with great friends. Looking forward to my Wine Ship at home delivery tomorrow, too! 🙂
There is something satisfying and celebratory, and at the same time comforting, about sitting down to relax with a glass of wine, especially when you do it with someone you enjoy being with. One great time to pour a glass is when you have had a challenging day and have survived through it all!
I completely agree with you.
I agree with Donna–after long BIG days (good or bad) I love a glass of wine. Recently saw the video of the head of TED talk about his experience on the plane that landed on the Hudson River last year and what he learned from it. One of his take-aways was to always no longer save good wine for special occaisions. We are doing this more and more around here. If the day is good enough to have a glass of wine, then it better be a good glass of wine.
I second everything that you said!
I really enjoy the occasional “It’s been a long day, and I’m going to make a fantastic meal and groove to some tunes while I sip at this half glass of wine”. It’s almost a ritualistic “me time”on a weekend day. It’s definitely a “Get out of the kitchen! I’m listening to my favorite tunes, cooking a delicious meal and enjoying that there’s no one calling me ‘mommy’ or asking me to do something or drive somewhere!” Hhahaha… can you tell I have kiddos?
Wow, Jessica, you captured the luxuriousness of cooking a fantastic meal while drinking wine beautifully. It makes me want to do that right now. Darn that I have other plans tonight.