Have you ever dreamt about becoming an independent wine consultant? Perhaps it’s not a very normal dream. But when I saw this t-shirt, I couldn’t resist talking about the possibility. Who knows. Maybe this article will prompt you to have such a dream tonight. If it does, you know where to reach me.
Why Is It Dreamy to Be an Independent Wine Consultant
- Everybody loves wine. When I tell people whom I meet at networking events that I lead wine tastings in their homes, they get very excited. While vitamins and other home-based products are fun, they just don’t get people quite as juiced – literally.
- Being your own boss is great. When you work for somebody else, you sometimes get credit for your achievements, and you sometimes get in trouble for your failures. But just as likely, somebody else gets credit for your successes, and a whole host of people are taken to task for problems. When you are your own boss, you own everything – successes and failures. That feels very motivating.
- Leading wine tastings is incredibly fun. Giving people the opportunity to try fantastic wines before they buy them – in a fun, unintimidating environment – is fun. Plain and simple.
- Building a team of wine consultants is very rewarding. Each of your team members will run her or his own wine business. But you get to help them grow their businesses, and I will be with you every step of the way.
- Working with WineShop At Home is amazing. WineShop At Home, the Napa winery I am with, is one of the best companies I’ve ever worked for. The greatness starts with the wonderful CEO Jane Edwards Creed and goes to every part of the organization, including all of us independent wine consultants.
Is Being an Independent Wine Consultant a Good Fit for You?
If you like wine and would like to earn some extra money leading fun, educational in-home wine tastings, being an independent wine consultant could be just the right thing for you. You’ll get to work with a successful sales team and creating your own team. You’ll get to enjoy the wine country lifestyle. You’ll get to enjoy sampling new wines. And you’ll be pursuing an entrepreneurial opportunity backed by an established company.
If this sounds like you or somebody you know, let’s talk!
What Makes a Great Independent Wine Consultant?
People often ask me what makes a great independent wine consultant. Successful wine consultants come in all shapes and sizes. Here are some of the most important requirements:
- You enjoy wine. And don’t worry, you don’t have to be an expert.
- You enjoy people. A home-based business is all about relationship building, so this is critical.
- You have strong stick-to-it skills. Growing a successful business takes time, commitment and consistency.
To learn more about being a wine consultant, please visit my Wine Business page, call me at 650-714-7009 or email me at email@example.com. If you know others who might want to learn more about what I do, please share this information with them and have them contact me.
As an independent wine consultant with WineShop At Home, I absolutely enjoy bringing a taste of the Napa wine country home to you one sip at a time. Whether you simply love to drink wine, seek a special personalized wine gift, or are in search of a new wine jobs opportunity as a wine consultant, feel free to contact me for a truly unique wine tasting experience!
WineShop At Home