As an independent wine consultant with WineShop At Home, I host “edutaining” wine tastings in people’s homes and offices. Here are eight great reasons for hosting a wine tasting with me:
Eight Great Reasons for Hosting a Wine Tasting
- You get to try before you buy – At the grocery store, it’s tempting to choose the wines with the prettiest or cutest labels, only to be disappointed with what you find inside. It is such a treat to get to try wines and buy only the ones you really like.
- The winery comes to your home – It’s a lot of fun to taste wines at wineries. But these days, spending $50+ on a tank of gas and paying tasting fees at each winery puts a big damper on a wine country day. When I lead a tasting in your home, I’m essentially bringing a winery’s tasting room right to you.
- Our wines are really good – WineShop At Home is an artisan Napa winery that produces wonderful wines that aren’t available in stores or restaurants. Our wines are value priced from $14 to $32.
- You can’t afford NOT to – I bring 6 bottles of wine (valued at $120) and lead a 1 ½ to 2 hour tasting for you and up to 11 of your friends. The cost for such a tasting is just $55, plus cheese, fruit and chocolate.
- It’s FUN! – A wine tasting is a great way to bring friends together for a few hours of pure unadulterated FUN. Whether you’re celebrating the beginning of summer, back to school, book club or good friends, or you just need to de-stress a little, a wine tasting is just what the doctor ordered.
- FUNtastic learning environment – In between the sips and the laughs, we do our best to learn a little about wine. At a winery, you might be intimidated to ask a really good question about wine, or you might not be able to get anybody’s attention. At my tastings, you’ll feel comfortable asking your questions, and I will do my best to answer them.
- Choose traditional or blind – If you choose a traditional tasting, you’ll find out what you’re tasting before you try it. If you choose a blind tasting, you’ll guess what you’re tasting and see if you are right. Whichever approach you choose, you and your guests will be in for a real treat.
- Great opportunity to gift shop – At your tasting, you’ll discover that, in addition to offering great wines, I offer personalized wines, wine gift baskets and a great wine club.
For more information about hosting a wine tasting, please visit my wine tasting page and/or call me at 650-714-7009.
As an independent wine consultant with WineShop At Home, I absolutely enjoy bringing a taste of the Napa wine country home to you one sip at a time. Whether you simply love to drink wine, seek a special personalized wine gift, or are in search of a new wine jobs opportunity as a wine consultant, feel free to contact me for a truly unique wine tasting experience!
Betty Kaufman, WineShop At Home
I love the TRY before you BUY concept. Imagine what an awesome world it would be if we could try before we buy at BevMo. 🙂 Great blog, Betty. Your parties are EDUtainment. You learn so much about wine, you get to taste wine and your presentations are so fun. I love that you take the WINE SNOBBERY out of your wine tastings and make it to accessible to everyone.
I love the TRY before you BUY concept too. And I love getting to do it with good friends.
My Friends are still talking about it! What a great time we had and Betty makes it easy! We were able to try so many wines and get a great explanation of each- Love the statement from Chrystal “EDUtainment”– that is a great way to describe it. Did you ever look at a bottle and just put it down because you were to afraid to try it… well maybe not … but if you did… Betty takes the anxiety out of trying new wines!
Marlene, thank you so much. Your tasting was incredibly fun. It is up there as one of my favorite tastings.
Wine tasting with Betty is fun and quite a learning experience. Not only do you and your friends get to have a good time but the knowledge you get from Betty is just amazing. Plus the wines from Wine Shop at Home are great and so affordable. Not only do they go well with dinner but they are perfect gifts.
Thank you Caroline! I missed you yesterday at Sassy.
I could not agree more with the ‘try before buying’ idea. How many times have you bought a somewhat pricey bottle of wine based on a stellar note card, only to find that it did not turn out to be as great as it sounded? That has to be one of life’s great disappointments. Well, not really – there are much worse things.
But truly, I love that I can taste in advance and be assured that I only buy the wines I like. And Betty has a lot to like – with many new varieties every month. I always look forward to what each new tasting brings. If you have not yet tried a Tasting By Betty – you are missing out on a real treat!
I completely agree with you on the “try before you buy” thing. It’s so sad to try a wine that you were so excited about buying, only to find that it’s a disappointment. And thanks for the shout out on my tastings. The ones you’ve hosted have been a blast.