It’s easy to stress out when it comes to wine pairing. We believe that the perfect pairing exists for every dish we serve. What if we don’t find that perfect pairing? Is that a disaster? NO! I encourage you to turn off the stress and the judgement and have some fun with wine and food pairing. After all, wine and food are FUN!
Natalie MacLean’s Top 10 Fun Food and Wine Pairings
To get you in the mood for having fun combining wine and food, here’s is a great list of 10 fun ideas from wine expert Natalie MacLean.
- Popcorn with Chilean Chardonnay
- Nachos with California Zinfandel
- Potato Chips with French Champagne
- Pizza with Italian Chianti
- Fish and chips with German Riesling
- Hamburgers with Australian Shiraz
- Smoked salmon with Canadian or Oregon Pinot Noir
- Quiche with New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc
- Canned brown beans with tawny Port
- TV dinner steak with French or Washington Cabernet Sauvignon
A Fun Video on Wine Pairing
I hope you enjoy this video, which is all about having fun pairing wine and food.
I really encourage you to be experimental. Try a bunch of foods and wines together. Get ready to laugh. Get ready to learn. Get ready to have a lot of fun. I’d love to hear some of the most interesting combinations you come up with. Please share them here.