Over the years, I’ve had a lot of fun collecting wine quotes and wine memes. Today I thought I would share some of my favorites. I’m guessing that some of these will be on all of our favorite lists, while others will be new. I’m also guessing that you have some that I’ve never seen. I would love for you to share those with all of us.
Favorite Wine Quotes
- Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it. ~ Anonymous
- Wine is the most civilized thing in the world. ~ Ernest Hemingway
- Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance. ~ Benjamin Franklin
- I think it is a great error to consider a heavy tax on wines as a tax on luxury. On the contrary, it is a tax on the health of our citizens. ~ Thomas Jefferson
- Wine to me is passion. It’s family and friends. It’s warmth of heart and generosity of spirit. Wine is art. It’s culture. It’s the essence of civilization and the art of living. ~ Robert Mondavi, Autobiography, “Harvests of Joy”
- What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields
- I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food. ~ W.C. Fields
- I have enjoyed great health at a great age because everyday since I can remember I have consumed a bottle of wine except when I have not felt well. Then I have consumed two bottles. ~ A Bishop of Seville
- If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good? ~ Cardinal Richeleu
- Wine is bottled poetry. ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Wine is sunlight, held together by water! ~ Galileo Gallilei
- Wine makes a symphony of a good meal. ~ Fernande Garvin, The Art of French Cooking
- When it comes to wine, I tell people to throw away the vintage charts and invest in a corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking. ~ Alexis Lichine
Favorite Wine Memes
On the meme front, I probably find one or two wine memes every week that make me laugh out loud. I would need to write a book to share all of the memes I’ve collected. So I will share just two of my favorites here. Please share your favorites, so that I can add to my collection. I will also point you to Zazzle, a WINEderful website where you can buy all kinds of incredible meme-ified goodies, including coffee mugs, bags and magnets.
As an independent wine consultant with WineShop At Home, I absolutely enjoy bringing a taste of the Napa wine country home to you one sip at a time. Whether you simply love to drink wine, would like to host a tasting, seek a special gift, or are in search of a new wine jobs opportunity as a wine consultant, feel free to contact me for a truly unique wine tasting experience!
Betty Kaufman, WineShop At Home
So many treasures, so little time…but I think I have to go with Thomas Jefferson! 🍷
I love Thomas Jefferson’s quotes too!